The Dracula Tour follows the history and the legends about Dracula, the infamous character of Bram Stoker.
The tour starts in Bucharest, a city first mentioned in a written document by Dracula himself. On the way to Transylvania you’ll reach the real fortress of Vlad the Impaler and then, passing through Sibiu you’ll see many other place related to him such as the Corvin Castle, the medieval town of Sighisoara, his birth place, the Borgo Pass or the Bran Castle, the most visited tourist attraction of Romania.
You will do a fair amount of walking on this tour and will see some of the most spectacular architecture in Romania. You will visit the largest Gothic castle in Romania, Huniazi castle where Vlad the Impaler was imprisoned. Then you'll drive to to Alba Iulia Vauban fortress and former capital of Transylvania. For nine days you will visit some fascinating places and learn why this part of Europe intrigues so many people.
In the German-city of Bistrita, you will encounter Jonathan Harker, Dracula novel character. He will overnight with your for the first time in Transylvania. Finally, you will reach Dracula Castle and visit his dungeon . . . at your own risk!
- Airport/hotel pick-up and drop-off in Bucharest
- Transport by modern car
- Accommodation for 9 nights in 3/4-star hotels and superior B&Bs
- Licensed English-speaking tour guide/driver
- Entrance fees to sites included in the program
- Flight ticket
- Hotel extras (telephone, mini bar, etc)
- Drinks (other than water)
- Other meals except breakfast
- Photographing or filming fees at the visited sites
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses