Puglia, a southern region forming the heel of Italy’s “boot,” is known for its whitewashed hill towns, centuries-old farmland and hundreds of kilometers of Mediterranean coastline.
Puglia also serves up exceptional cuisine featuring locally produced ingredients including olive oil, artichokes, tomatoes, aubergine, asparagus, and mushrooms. Travel to Lecce, Italy to enjoy all life can offer a hungry traveler.
With this adventure, take home a souvenir from Puglia in the form of the new Italian cooking skill, during a three-day break, and discover a beautiful region of Italy.
During this Apulian break at the hotel Il Tabacchificio, an ancient tobacco factory converted in a 4-Star Hotel, famous for its cooking school COOKING PUGLIA. Here you will learn the tricks behind the traditional Italian recipes, utilizing local ingredients from your instructor, one of the hotel owners.
You will roll on your sleeves and learn to prepare the two main types of dough: egg (all’ uovo) mostly for filled pasta, flour-and-water (all’acqua), gnocchi and some typical sauces and vegetarian appetizers.
Each night you can taste your recipes and other amazing dishes at the restaurant by the pool, tasting exceptional wine from the region.
One boat tour is included: you can decide if you want to see the Adriatic rocky coast or the white sandy coastline, called the Maldives of Italy.
Day 1 Arrival in the afternoon
You will be greeted in the afternoon by the owner of the hotel. Accommodation in double standard room. The day is at your leisure for relaxing by the pool or discovering the beautiful surroundings. Aperitivo by the pools offered. Dinner is at the hotel restaurant.
Day 2 Boat cave tour and cooking class
After breakfast a transfer will bring you to the departure of the cave tour. In the early afternoon you will relax by the pool until you start of the first cooking class: homemade pasta, flour-and-water (all’acqua), gnocchi and some typical sauces. Dinner to taste your personal attempt with wine pairing
Day 3 Free time and cooking class
After breakfast free time to discover the region with hotel staff providing you information about the most beautiful places to visit. In the late afternoon, you will start your second cooking class: homemade pasta, egg (all’uovo) mostly for filled pasta and three types of vegetarian appetizers. Dinner to taste your personal attempt with wine pairing.
Day 4 check out
Check out after breakfast
- 3 nights accommodation in standard double room on half board basis (breakfast, dinner included with wine pairing)
- Two (2) hands-on cooking class
- 1 boat cave tour
- Apron and recipe book
- Transfers and local transportation (private car is recommended)
- Additional 'super' alcoholic drinks not included
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available; please advise at time of booking if required
- Please specify any dietary requirements at time of booking
- This class accommodates between two and 8 attendees
- Please do not wear open shoes during the cooking class
- If you are interested in single occupancy please contact us for a quotation